Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa Fun!


Picture of the day!

On Tuesday night Nathan and I took the kids to go see Santa at the mall. We timed it to where we would be there the last 20 minutes of his break to get a prime spot in line. Our timing paid off! We were the 2nd people to see Santa. The kids were so excited and Jake could not wait! Once Santa came out and he realized he was expected to sit on his lap, he would have none of that! Needless to say, I ended up in the Santa picture with my kids! After we got down from the chair Jake was all about Santa again. He told him thank you and gave him a high five. Maybe next time we can ask to have the picture taken at the end.

After Santa we went and saw the pets at the pet shop. Yes, Santa is set up right outside of the pet shop. I wonder how many parents have been suckered into buying a pet for their kids this Christmas? I am just glad that it is not us. We also went next door to the Texas shop and picked up our first decor item for the new nursery. Yes, I said new!! Nathan agreed to let me redo the nursery! He is so wonderful! My mom has already gotten the bedding for me and now I am just working on what color scheme I want. I might wait to figure it all out after Christmas when my friend, Kari, the color guru comes to visit from Ohio.

Once we were home we enjoyed a dinner of leftovers and then had a fun time with family pictures. Nathan and I took pictures of the kids and then they took pictures of us. They turned out pretty good in my opinion. Here are a few shots from that night...Baylie took the first one of us and Jake took the second. I think they did really well for little photographers.

After the photography session we ended the night with a game of duck, duck, goose! We had a great night of being together!

No comments: