Friday, December 12, 2008

Many Blessings and Tribulations

We have had quite a week at the Barron house. Our precious little man, Jake turned two on Wednesday! I cannot believe he is already two! What was special is that God blessed his birthday with snow!! Yes, snow in Houston! It did not stick at our house, except to the car, but it was something we don't experience often. You can see a few flakes falling around us in the pictures.

What can I say, my daughter definitely knows how to strike a pose for a picture. I am just glad that her pose showed off the outfit I made her!!






Sweet sister wanted to make sure that Jake got a cake on his birthday too! She did a good job and enjoyed having a big piece of cake herself!




PARTY FAVOR




With Jake's birthday being on a Wednesday we had his party this past Sunday. We had a great turnout even though I forgot to mail out half of the invitations!! We had a great party. All the kids were awesome and it was so nice to haev our family in. This year we did a football party for Jake he calls is hutball. We all got dressed up in our football gear and enjoyed the beautiful weather God provided for us.

My little football man!
Kyrsten and Kyla enjoying the swing. They looked so cute in their pink football jerseys!Here's Gavin the entertainer. He knows how to win anyone over with his precious smile and big dimples!Jake could not wait to eat his "hutball" cake he waited very patientl, but once he blew out the candles he was ready!!Sweet Keegan. He is not a big fan of having his picture taken, but I was able to get a shot!Yummy!Baylie was a big helper at the party. It was a little hard for her not being the center of attention but she did really well making sure Jake knew wexactly what to do. Here is Jake showing off the trucks he got from Keegan!A future musician? Jake loves playing his guitar from Aunt Jenn.

Busted!!

We had a fabulous time at the party. We are so blessed to have so many people who love our little man as much as we do!

The party was a great success, but in the wee hours of Monday morning the party favor arrived! Jake woke up crying and I knew it was not his I can't find my paci cry so I rushed in his room just in time to catch his dinner in my hands!! After rushing him to the tub and Nathan putting his sheets in the washer we settled into our bed to get some rest. As the sunrise occurred so did the stomach virus in Nathan's body! Nathan tried to go to work but after and hour he had to rush home and to bed. I had a meeting at MDO that I had to attend. Jake was doing fine so I kept him with me, well, in the middle of the meeting breakfast came up! It was horrible having to boys sick at my house! By the end of Monday night they were on the mend, but I still wanted to steer clear so I went to bed on the couch. At 1 in the morning Jake cried out and once I stood up I felt the bug taking over my body! The only problem is I heard rain in our attic at the same time. That's funny, it's not raining outside! I woke Nathan up and once we pulle ddown the attic stairs we saw a huge problem. Our water heater was raining down!! Let me tell you it is a sight to behold someone with a stomach bug trying to stop water from spewing out and not toss her cookies at the same time. I quickly turned off the water to our house and we started mopping up water with our towels. Well, once the water was shut off I could not hold my cookies any longer. It is not fun having a stomach virus when you can't flush your toilets, not a pretty picture. That morning I realized it was pretty bad and started contacting others that came to the party. Well, 80% of the party goers got the party favor as well! No house was spared! Where it came from we don't know we were just "blessed" with it!

We are on the mend here at the Barron house, I am still fighting a pretty bad cold, but a Z-pack has been ordered and I am so happy! Baylie was spared the bug and was a great nurse to all of us. We got our water heater replaced and I am now catching up on all the loads of towels.

With all this happening on Jake's birthday week, I am so blessed that I still got to enjoy my wonderful blessing God gave us 2 years ago. Our lives have been filled sith joy and non stop energy from our little man. He has such a sweet heart and wants to learn whatever he can. I am so thankful for all 3 of the little joys God has blessed us with!

No comments: