Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My family

I can't believe how long it has been since I last updated the blog!! We have had a lot going on here which is part of the reason why I have not updated, the other reason is facebook!! I tell you what it is addicting!! Here are some pictures from the last month. The kids are growing so fast. I can't believe how each of them have changed just in the last 8 weeks.

Baylie has really grown up. Being a 5 year old is hard work, so she says. She is a great help to me and likes to be momma #2. In the past few weeks she has mastered her cartwheel and really improved her gymnastics skills. I can't believe how coordinated she is. (She definitely did not get that from me). Baylie is ready for kindergarten, she loves doing "school work." She thinks that she has to do it everyday which is great. I am just afraid that by the time real kindergarten starts she will hate doing her homework!! I also think she is hitting a growth spurt. We have been having some growing pains but the biggest difference is her appetite. That girl can eat. She is having at least 2 helpings at every meal. She ate 3 1/2 waffles this morning with some strawberries and then she asked for more!! She loves her brothers and enjoys being around them so much. She has such a kind heart. I love that she cries at every Disney movie she watches. Today she got to see The Hunchback of Notre Dame. She came down and I asked her if she was tired. She said no that she was crying at the movie. I asked her what happened in the movie and she couldn't even tell me without welling up. I finally just said "so it was a good movie." I am so thankful for my sweet angel. She is a true blessing to me.

Colt, our little chunk. He is such an amazing baby that has just made our family so much better. He has such a sweet laid back disposition. (I guess he does not have a choice being in this family) He is 8 weeks now and is really growing. He is starting to notice things around him and is "talking" a lot. I got him to start a laugh today so I am hoping that he will be doing that soon. He loves to be held and talk to. He smiles at everyone and is just precious as can be. I am so glad that God gave him to us. We all love our little Colter. Okay, little might not be the right word, but who can resist those rolls!!! Last week Nathan and I weighed him on our scale and he was 13 1/2 pounds. He is probably 14 pounds by now. I love it!! Another feature I love about him is his hair. Baylie and Jake both lost theirs after a couple of weeks. I am enjoying seeing a baby with a full head of hair for once. My favorite part is that when it dries it dries into a faux hawk! So cute!!

Jakie Poo has really grown up since Colt was born. His vocabulary is amazing me! He also has shown an interest in potty training. He loves going pee pee in the potty, especially since he is rewarded with a M&M! He loves to copy whatever Baylie is doing. By doing this he has learned how to do quite a bit. I was amazed to see him scale a rock climbing wall at a park that was meant for 5 - 12 year olds. He also loves to take care of his little brother. Anytime he is crying I get yelled at to take care of him if Jake can't sooth Colt himself. He likes to wash the pacifier constantly because it has GERMS! Even if I think it is okay to put back in Colt's mouth I have brother policeman there to tell me NO! We have to wash it! He is really growing into a little man. I am so proud of how well he has done!

It has been so awesome to watch my three little joys interact with each other. They have truly grown so much the last 8 weeks. The love they have for each other is amazing. I am so thankful that God has given them to me.




4 comments:

The Picketts said...

oh my! They are too cute. I can't believe how big they are getting, especially Mr.Jake! Colt looks just like him, in my opinion. Can't wait to see you guys! Oh yeah, I nearly fell out of my chair when I realized Colt is already 8 weeks!!! Where has the time gone? I need to get my butt over there and see him!

Alicia Brunson said...

So cute Stacie! You have such precious little kiddos. Sounds like Colt & Macie are the same size....is he interseted in older women? LOL

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

Too cute! All three of them look so much alike and look just like Nathan. Miss you guys! I keep thinking we need to have a waterpark reunion. How fun would that be?! :)

Danica said...

Love reading your updates. Glad I finally got meet the little guy and can't wait to babysit!!