Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Love Letters

Love letters. Two words but they mean so much. For someone to put into words and write out how much they love you is a powerful thing. During our courtship love letters (or emails) were the way Nathan and I could communicate freely what our hearts were feeling without stumbling over our words. I feel that the ones you love should hear how much you love them, but today as I realized that I needed to write my children and let them know, in print, just how much they mean to me.


Dearest Baylie,

Your smile melts my heart! From the first time I held you in my arms I felt what true love is. Who knew that within a second I could love someone so much. You have changed my life and I am so grateful. I always wanted to be a mommy and God not only gave me my heart's desire but He gave me the perfect child for me. I love your outgoing personality! You can light up a room with your laugh that comes from your toes. You make everyone feel important, and I love that about you! Your compassion and love for others just amazes me. At six, you can comfort not only your brothers but anyone else no matter their age. Even when we have had a rough day, and I am the one that is holding you, you always reach out to me rubbing my back telling me we are going to love each other no matter what. Your right baby girl. You will always be my baby! I know that we are going to have our struggles as life happens, every mother and daughter does. Know that I will ALWAYS be loving you, thanking God for you, and praying that He is the center of your life. I am so proud of who you are, and I can't wait to see what you will become. I know that whatever you do it is going to be amazing. Your determination and drive astounds me, you NEVER give up! Keep letting your light shine for Him, princess; because through Him you are going to do great things!! I love you, I love you, I love you!
Love,
Your Blessed Mommy


Dear Jake,
My sweet but serious one. I love you so much!! You are truly Momma's boy. The day you were born was such an amazing day. I was able to feel my love grow to include you in an instant. I love how you seek out any moment to snuggle with dad and me. Your hugs are amazing; and your sweet grin lights up any room. Although, you are my serious and very focused one; you are so funny! When I need some laughter in my day you are there with a silly dance, a quick witted remark, or a important word that just comes out the wrong way. You have taught me that kind words can get you far. You make me smile when I see you around your friends. They all love you and want to surround themselves with you. You don't even notice how much you are loved. You remind me of your dad, you don't know how much you mean to everyone around you. You hate to do wrong, and you always sincerely apologize if you feel that you did something wrong or disappointed us, even when you didn't. You LOVE your brother and sister! The care you show to them amazes me. You are so loyal and protective. These traits will get you far. You are a friend for life and you will do anything for anyone. I pray that you continue being the quiet leader and show others His love. God is going to do great things in your life, son, and I pray I will be able to witness it all. Keep Him first and you will succeed. I love you sweet boy and I am so thankful that I am your mommy. God truly blessed me when he gave me sweet you!

Love always and forever,
Mommy.






Mr. Colt,
From the first day you entered our lives you have been a big ray of sunshine! My little whirlwind. You want to be big like your brother and sister, yet you let me baby you. You are the SWEETEST thing in the world. My little cuddler. You love on everyone you come in contact with and win them over in an instant. I have a feeling that you will have your own fan club when you get older and I will be the President! You exude joy! Although I have only had you for over a year it feels like you have been with us forever. It is hard for me to remember not having you in our family. You are such and important part and have made us complete. Your personality has really come through in the past few months and it is so fun to see you shine. You are definitely not one that fades into the background. You are so easy to love. I love your sweet scrunched up smile, your chubby little legs, your big brown eyes. I love all of you, Colt Hudson. Thank you for coming into my life and making me one blessed mommy. I pray that God will show me how to be the best mommy for you, Baylie, and Jake. You truly are my little joys and I love you so much! I love you my sweet sweet baby boy!
Love Forever and ever,
Mommy









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Stacie! I am sitting here crying my eyes out! Your letters are beautiful. You are an amazing mom!

Danica said...

I love ALL of your children and you too!!! I am so blessed to know your family and to of had the opportunity to love on your kiddos every wednesday!

P.S. Colt already has a fan club! Love that boy!

Amanda said...

Stacie,
I love your kids! But I LOVE your beautiful heart... that's why your kids are so amazing. You and Nathan are such incredible examples of Christ's love. If I haven't told you, I love your heart! You are such a blessing to me. Thank you for being my friend.

Love,
Amanda