This weekend I went to Women of Faith. Let me tell you I was so pumped when I heard Sandi Patty was going to be there! I LOVE HER!!! I sang all of her songs growing up very poorly because I am an alto and she is a mega soprano. When she took the stage my heart was pounding I just wanted to hear her belt it out just once and when she did. I got tears in my eyes, okay I cried. I think I cried for many different reasons. 1. I am pregnant and completely hormonal 2. It was neat remembering my childhood listening to her and singing at the top of my lungs on the back porch. Looking back I can see why my family asked me to belt it out outside instead of inside the house with everyone else. 3. Knowing her testimony and seeing how she has relied on God through it all 4. Seeing others praise Jesus while she sang. 5. I got to share it will some other Sandi fans Michelle and Heather. I also found out that we were not alone that there were others out there. (Misty and Suzanne)
While I was there I became a fan of a couple of other singers. Mandisa, put tears in my eyes the whole time she sang. You can just see how much she gives God the glory. I made a pact with Michelle that we are going to go to all her concerts she has here in Houston. Nicole C. Mullen was the last singer. Wow, she has a powerful voice and her love of children was awesome. She really focuses on how to minister to kids and teens with her songs. She ministers to adults as well which was apparent when she sang Redeemer!! I cried then too. I am one that loves to worship God through music and I was able to do that and witness others as well this weekend.
Unfortunately, due to my pregnant brain I left a gift I bought for Baylie. It was a Gigi set by Sheila Walsh. It is like a Christian Fancy Nancy. It has not turned up at the Toyota Center or the Women of Faith office. I was so upset mainly because I have been totally flaking out on things. My memory is horrible!! Thank goodness I have such a sweet understanding husband. I definitely think that this is the last pregnancy for me. I am afraid that if I get pregnant again after this one you will find me wandering the streets not remembering my name!! I just pray that whoever ended up with the gift set needed it more than we did and would be blessed by it.
Back to the songs, I enjoyed the singers so much a added a few of their songs to my playlist. The hymn sung by Sandi (we are on a first name basis in my mind) is the one I would "try" to belt out on my back porch. As I listen to her sing memories do flood back and I can't blame my parents for making me sing outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment